FIND YOUR FIT
So what’s it take to get in the insurance industry? One way is to go to college and majoring in risk, finance or insurance degree program. To find a college that offers insurance courses visit the College Section tab.
Another way is to go directly from school into the insurance industry. A good place to start is to become licensed and gain experience by working in the insurance industry as an insurance agent or customer service representative (csr)/account executive. Look under Classroom to Career tab for information including a resource for training to get you started.
Successful insurance professionals attend training courses to stay current. You can build up expertise by taking insurance courses in college or by attending courses from the Independent Insurance Agent Association in your home state.
If you don't know where to start, visit the Be Yourself tab to match your skills to your passion. If you already know what your desired career path then next step is continuing study either at college level or on the job.
The Insurance Career Center has internships and entry level positions to get you started. You can post your resume and even set up a job alert so you receive an automatic email when your "dream job" becomes available. Below are some current opportunities:
- Insurance Producer Intern/ Trainee
Martinek Insurance Services
US - TN - Hendersonville, P&C license for the State of TN will be required prior to any sale of insurance products. Prior licensing is preferred, but non-licensed candidates will be considered provided they obtain their licen
- Licensed Property & Casualty Agents - No Sales Quota
US - VA - Richmond, Qualifications
•2 years of stable customer service experience in a high volume environment
•Property & Casual Insurance Licensed
•Previous sales experience preferred
•Type 25 wpm
- Business Association Seeks Public Relations Intern (Washington, D.C.)
Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America
US - VA - Washington, Requirements/Preferences:
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and course that provides academic credit for this internship
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
- P&C Insurance sales and servicing
RLI Insurance Associates
US - VA - Fairfax, Minimum 30 hours a week. Some flexibility possible. Small independent insurance agency in Fairfax City, VA has an opening for a CSR/Producer. Primary responsibility will be Commercial sales & servicin
- Internship - Insurance
Atlantic/Smith, Cropper & Deeley, LLC
US - MD - Willards, Objective -
Introduce associate to the various components of the commercial and personal lines insurance process. Time will be shared in a variety of departments - Sales, Marketing, Customer Seri
- Assistant Underwriter - Excess and Surplus Lines
Hanover Excess & Surplus
US - NC - Wilmington, QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree or High School and 2 years related work experience
• Ability to work in fast pace environment, meet deadlines according to timeframes
- INSURANCE ASSISTANT
US - MI, Busy Okemos insurance agency has an immediate opening for an outgoing, team-oriented clerica/customer service support person to assist our Life and Disability area 37.5 hours per week (full-time). &n
- Account Representative
US - MI, Sales
Ability to interact with mid to senior level management .
Disciplined Well established niche insurance agency looking for an Account Representative. Requires calling on accounts,
- Marketing Representative
Columbia Lloyds Insurance
US - TX - Austin, Bryan, College Station, Temple, San Antonio, Education
• Must have a four year Bachelor’s degree.
• Degree in Insurance or Marketing would be a plus.
• Must obtain Texas Property & Casualty Agents License
• Strong marke
- Summer Intern
US - AZ, 40 hours per week
interest in insurance business
working as intern June - August 2014
Freshman - Senior attending University Are you looking for a summer internship?
- Claims Summer Internship 2014
Preferred Mutual Insurance Company
US - NY - New Berlin, Qualifications:
Working towards a bachelor's degree
Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Demonstrated customer service a
- Wells Fargo Insurance Services Internship Program
US - San Francisco, CA; Rancho Cordova, CA; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR, Minimum Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in an insurance, risk management or business program at a college or university
- The ability and desire to sell
- A high degree of self-motivation an