FIND YOUR FIT
So what’s it take to get in the insurance industry? One way is to go to college and majoring in risk, finance or insurance degree program. To find a college that offers insurance courses visit the College Section tab.
Another way is to go directly from school into the insurance industry. A good place to start is to become licensed and gain experience by working in the insurance industry as an insurance agent or customer service representative (csr)/account executive. Look under Classroom to Career tab for information including a resource for training to get you started.
Successful insurance professionals attend training courses to stay current. You can build up expertise by taking insurance courses in college or by attending courses from the Independent Insurance Agent Association in your home state.
If you don't know where to start, visit the Be Yourself tab to match your skills to your passion. If you already know what your desired career path then next step is continuing study either at college level or on the job.
The Insurance Career Center has internships and entry level positions to get you started. You can post your resume and even set up a job alert so you receive an automatic email when your "dream job" becomes available. Below are some current opportunities:
- Com Sales
WADE DUNBAR INSURANCE
US - NC - Mid-Atlantic States, Sales Training, Experienced in insurances preferred. Commercial sales Mid Atlantic States ,with offices Raleigh,Richmond, Coastal Areas
- Commercial Lines Producer
Mutual Underwriters Insurance
US - KY - Louisville, Commercial property/casualty - producer/partner. Excellent opportunity for right person. Commissions over 50% to producer. Ownership from day one. Excellent markets and support.
- Insurance Producer Intern/ Trainee
Martinek Insurance Services
US - TN - Hendersonville, P&C license for the State of TN will be required prior to any sale of insurance products. Prior licensing is preferred, but non-licensed candidates will be considered provided they obtain their licen
- Business Association Seeks Public Relations Intern (Washington, D.C.)
Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America
US - VA - Washington, Requirements/Preferences:
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and course that provides academic credit for this internship
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
- P&C Insurance sales and servicing
RLI Insurance Associates
US - VA - Fairfax, Minimum 30 hours a week. Some flexibility possible. Small independent insurance agency in Fairfax City, VA has an opening for a CSR/Producer. Primary responsibility will be Commercial sales & servicin
- Assistant Underwriter - Excess and Surplus Lines
Hanover Excess & Surplus
US - NC - Wilmington, QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree or High School and 2 years related work experience
• Ability to work in fast pace environment, meet deadlines according to timeframes
- Marketing Representative
Columbia Lloyds Insurance
US - TX - Austin, Bryan, College Station, Temple, San Antonio, Education
• Must have a four year Bachelor’s degree.
• Degree in Insurance or Marketing would be a plus.
• Must obtain Texas Property & Casualty Agents License
• Strong marke
- Summer Intern
US - AZ, 40 hours per week
interest in insurance business
working as intern June - August 2014
Freshman - Senior attending University Are you looking for a summer internship?
- Claims Summer Internship 2014
Preferred Mutual Insurance Company
US - NY - New Berlin, Qualifications:
Working towards a bachelor's degree
Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Demonstrated customer service a
- Wells Fargo Insurance Services Internship Program
US - San Francisco, CA; Rancho Cordova, CA; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR, Minimum Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in an insurance, risk management or business program at a college or university
- The ability and desire to sell
- A high degree of self-motivation an
- Summer Intern
Roach Howard Smith & Barton
US - TX - Dallas, This is an exciting opportunity to learn how a commercial insurance agency operates by cross-training with multiple departments assisting with project-based client initiatives. The intern will get a
- Underwriting Internship - Commercial Insurance - Weston, MA
Liberty Mutual Insurance
US - MA - Weston, Qualifications:
• Analytical and decision making skills, basic to intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Demonstrated organization skills